The Gentle Art of Blessing by Pierre Pradervand is this month's book.
"To bless is to acknowledge the omnipresent, universal beauty from material eyes; it is to activate that law of attraction which, from the furthest reaches of the universe, will bring into your lifeexactly what you need to experience and enjoy."
August 4, 2019
As I go through my day, I recognize that I am one with all people everywhere and bless right actions and activities to support our living in peace, happiness, prosperity and justice. ~Rev. Carolyn J. Douglas
Selected quotes from Dr. Ernest Holmes
- We live unto others. We live unto others because that which is myself is yourself; that which is yourself is myself; that which is our self collectively and ourselves individually is the one and only self there is—there is no other self. Ernest Holmes, The Ernest Holmes Papers: A Collection of Three Inspirational Classics, Vol 1, The Philosophy of Ernest Holmes, Chapter 8, Our Mission To The World (Page 103 of 498, Kindle Version).
- Jesus knew the frailties of the human mind. Above and beyond these frailties he knew a Divine Power and a loving Presence whose whole nature is to bless—the God of love who does not condemn. (Holmes, Ernest, Words That Heal Today, page 73.3).
- Our religious outlook is a universal one. There is tolerance in its concept, and inclusion. The Infinite is all-embracing. We work in harmony with all religious beliefs, since each in his or her own way seeks the ultimate Cause, God the “Father which art in heaven.” The one who understands the Science of Mind will be tolerant, kind, and sympathetic. (Science of Mind Magazine, May 1992, page 21).
- Science of Mind has a universal concept of God. It thinks of the Divine Spirit as flowing through everything, personalizing everything, giving warmth and color to everything. Spirit meets with Spirit and communes with Itself even in our ordinary conversation. Never overlook nor underestimate this all-inclusive attitude. (Science of Mind Magazine, May 1992, page 21).
- The heart of humanity is a universal heartthrob—it pulsates at the center of every human being, the place within each of us where God has personalized Itself as unconditional Love. (Science of Mind Magazine, February 2014, page 20).
August 11, 2019
I give abundant thanks to the Infinite Spirit from which I am created. I surrender into Love and know that gratitude is the blessing that enriches all of life. ~Steph St. Amand
". . . for all tomorrow's good May rest today upon your gratitude,
For he who gives thanks before the wine Is pressed from grapes still clinging to the vine
Has shown a faith above, beyond the present hour
And his thanksgiving holds the future flower."
~ The Voice Celestial by Ernest and Fenwicke Holmes
August 18, 2019
The task of human action is not to make everything the same, but to appreciate the differences and to respect the ways of all nations. ~Dwayne Champagne
“If this brotherhood of man were recognized and practiced by the world at large, all war, poverty, and need would vanish from the face of the earth. They are creations of the finite mind and were never intended to be. God views all as a perfect whole; our divisions are only apparent, they can never be real. Ernest Holmes, The Hidden Power of the Bible, pg. 59
And realizing that the world is made up of people like myself, I bless the world and affirm that it shall come under Divine governance of Good, and under Divine providence of Love, and under Divine leadership of the Supreme Intelligence. Ernest Holmes, Living the Science of Mind
A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Albert Einstein, Letter of 1950, as quoted in The New York Times (29 March 1972) and The New York Post (28 November 1972).
I awoke this morning with a devout thanksgiving for my friends, old and new. Ralph Waldo Emerson
August 25, 2019
“I love you, I bless you, I release you to your highest good.”
“Every thought of cruelty is disturbing to the entire body. Solomon tells us that “he that is cruel, troubleth his own flesh,” and every adverse thought is cruel. Thoughts of peace and good will, a recognition of the unity of all men, and will produce harmony.” page 232 Science of Mind
Holmes, Ernest. The Science of Mind: The Definitive Edition (p. 232). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
“Mental Science does not deny the divinity of Jesus; but it does affirm the divinity of all people. It does not deny that Jesus was the son of God; but it affirms that all men are the sons of God. It does not deny that the kingdom of God was revealed through Jesus; but it says that the kingdom of God is also revealed through you and me.”
Holmes, Ernest. The Science of Mind: The Definitive Edition (pp. 161-162). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
“One God, in Whom we all live, and One Law, which we all use. ONE, ONE, ONE!! No greater unity could be conceived than that which is already given.” 117 Science of Mind